The Government of Hong Kong SAR accepted the Incorporated Trustees of the Islamic Community Fund of Hong Kong as a Charitable Organisation and a Certificate of Incorporation was issued on 1 December 1970. The Incorporated Trustees of the Islamic Community Fund of Hong Kong is generally known among Hong Kong Muslims as “The Board of Trustees.”
The Government of Hong Kong SAR recognizes the Board of Trustees (BOT) as the main body representing the interests of the Muslim Community in Hong Kong.
The Board consists of 7 members known as the Board of Trustees. These members are from four founding and oldest Muslim Organizations of Hong Kong. The Government of Hong Kong has given land to the BOT for the present 5 Masjids (Mosques) and 2 Muslim Cemeteries.
- To manage the 5 Masjids
- To mange the 2 Muslim cemeteries
- To manage the Madrassas & Maktabs at our Masjids
- To make all arrangements for funerals and burials of deceased Muslims
- To employ Imams, Quran Teachers, Cemetery and Office Staff
- To announce the dates and days of Muslim festivals e.g. beginning of Ramadan and Eidain
- To buy airtime on Radio and conduct Seher & Iftaar program during Ramadan
- To carryout Halal Inspections and issue Halal Certificates in Hong Kong and some parts of China
- To undertake Dawah work for the Muslims and Non Muslims and carryout any other actions in the general interests of the Hong Kong Muslims and propagation of Islam
- To enhance better understanding among different religious leaders and hold interfaith meetings
- To visit and educate Muslims held in the prison
- To arrange Iftaar for approximately 2,500 people on a daily basis during the month of Ramadan at Kowloon Masjid